Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rose Colored Glasses

© 2009 Mark Cote

1. with dreamscapes of wonderland
    the Mad Hatter by your side
    talking in riddles I can't decide
    I don't go to your tea party I don't play the flute
    I just talk in rhyme and wear a silly suit

2. pink unicorns smile an evil grin
    and the devil looks on and rubs his chin
    the winged prophet has a forked tongue he'll lead you astray
    follow the yellow brick road, it'll show you the way

(chorus) it's a strange world through rose colored glasses
                a strange girl who threw it away
                strange world through rose colored glasses
                and it's a strange world surrounding me

3. The jester in your courtyard
    laughing ten times tall
    waiting for Humpty Dumpty to have a big fall
    for rose colored glasses have no mirror
    if they did, you'd see things clearer
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment