Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On The Inside Looking Out

© 2009 Mark Cote

when angels are gone the devils will stray
when the cat is gone the mice will play
and when I was gone you went away

(chorus) on the outside looking in
                or on the inside looking out
                now my life is left with doubt
                on the outside looking in
                or on the inside looking out

1. took the part of me I can't get back
    Like a thief in the night
    or a coward from a fight
    with the part called trust
    you left in the moonlight
(chorus)

2. left in a world I don't fit in
    the world I must face
    around a stranger's face
    among empty grins
    I feel out of place
(chorus)

3. now with innocence crushed
    it's a total disgrace
    the pain won't erase
    makes me feel left out
    and just in the way
(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment